July 11, 2018
Dear Streams Church Family,
Our giving over the past several weeks has been extremely low. In fact, this past Sunday’s giving reached a record low, making it rather difficult to meet our current obligations.
We’re reaching out to our church family in faith, first, by thanking you for your past faithfulness in giving, and then to ask your help in increasing our store of seed as God is increasing yours. When our general seed is low we are forced to take from our Mission Move fund in order to function without stress.
For the remaining Sunday’s in July, to make-up for and to continue to meet present needs, please consider bringing a special seed (over and above your regular tithes and offering). I have faith in the Streams. You are a faithful people to The Streams Church in helping to advance God’s Kingdom.
“Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness” (2 Corinthians 9:10).
The Lord illuminated the above scripture passage for me just the other day, helping me to see that God supplies us with both seed and bread for two distinct purposes: to sow and eat.
Seed to Sow:
The Apostle Paul reminds us that the Lord provides us with seed so that we can sow it into the work of the ministry to advance the work of the Kingdom in the earth. He goes on to remind us that when we sow into the work, the Lord supplies us with more seed to “store up” for the next season of sowing which results in an enlarged harvest from our obedience.
Bread to Eat:
Not only does the Lord provide us with seed to sow, he also provides us with “bread to eat!” Why? Simply because he doesn’t want us to eat the seed that was designed for sowing. Seed eaten produces no harvest and results in disposable waste.
The tithe is one example of how this works: God provides us with 100% increase and only requires 10% of that to be set aside as seed (Malachi 3:10), leaving the 90% as bread to eat. In addition, he allows us to search our heart and present an additional amount from the 90% as a “seed offering.”
“You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves a person who gives cheerfully” (2 Cor. 9:7).
What you can expect from Sowing Seed:
“And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others” (2 Cor. 9:8)
“Yes, you will be enriched in every way so that you can always be generous” (2 Cor. 9:11)
How to sow your seed:
There are several ways to sow your seed at The Streams Church:
1. Giving Envelope. Secure an envelope from an usher at any of our services and enclose your gift. Feel free to write “special seed” on the blank line along with your amount.
2. Online Giving. You can access our online giving using your credit card by logging on at www.thestreams.org, then select the GIVING option from the home page and follow the instructions.
3. Give by Text. A quick and simple way to give electronically is via text from your smart phone. Simply text the word GIVE to (317) 350-0046 and follow the instructions. The first time you give, you will be instructed to enter your bank information for future giving. After that, you will only need to text your giving amount and designation (i.e. tithes, offering, etc.) Select “special seed” as a designation for your July special giving.
We’re speaking INCREASE over you and your family as you step out in faith over the next few weeks and beyond. The Word of God reminds us in Luke 16:10, “Whoever is faithful with very little will also be faithful with much.” As we continue to believe God for our new place of worship, I believe He is testing us with our “very little” in order to trust us with the much that is awaiting us!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR CONNECTING IN FAITH WITH US!
In His service,
Pastor A. Thomas Hill